HIVAMAT is an acronym for Histological Variable Manual Technique. A new FDA cleared device that has been extremely successful in the sports medicine market is now finding its way into the world of physical therapy.
How HIVAMAT Works:
The device creates an action of pulsating low-frequency, two-phase alternating electrostatic field generated between the therapist’s hands and patient’s tissue. The movement of one of the electrodes causes a moving of electrically neutral molecules in exposed tissues. The resulting dipoles rotate in accordance with changes in field polarity. This is accompanied by alternating elevations and depressions of corresponding tissue and development of intensive sympathetic vibration.
What HIVAMAT Treats:
Treatment with HIVAMAT 200 Evident has following positive effects on the treated tissue:
- Muscle relaxation
- Relief of muscle aches and pains
- Increased local blood circulation
Therapy with HIVAMAT 200 Evident is not indicated in the following use cases:
- Acute infections
- Acute inflammations with participation of pathogenic agents
- Active tuberculosis
- Acute venous diseases
- Untreated malignant process
- Pt. and therapist with cardiac pacemakers and other electronic implants
- Heart disorders and diseases especially cardiac insufficiency, decompensated cardiac edema, and cardiac arrhythmia
- Hypersensitivity to electrostatic fields
- Infectious skin diseases.