How To Prepare
Whether you are a new or returning patient, there are certain pieces of information that will help us serve you better, and to ensure that there are no surprises related to your insurance coverage or limitations during your visit These include:
- Know when prior authorization is required (we can help with this)
- Knowing what services are covered and which are not.
- Know the amount and circumstances of required co-payments and deductibles.
- Knowing when a referral is required.
- Know if there are certain preferred providers you must select from.
- Downloading and filling out new patient paperwork which can be found here.
*In case of a procedure, one of our team members will call you beforehand. They will verify your insurance, discuss your plan, inform you about out-of-pocket costs (if any).
You will come to an agreement about your payment plans for the out-of-the-pocket balance.
Bring This Information
For queries related to insurance coverage, contact your insurance provider.
For queries regarding your visit, contact us at 520-733-2250.
You may want to come equipped with the following information before your appointment with the physician.
- Reason for your visit and questions, if any.
- Your recent health history: long illness(if any), temperature, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels in case you track them at home.
- Details about medications, if any, including name and dosage. (prescription medications, OTC medications, vitamin supplements, herbal and homeopathic remedies.)
- Allergies, if any, to food, medications, food, if any.
To summarize, please bring the following items for your appointment:
- A current insurance card
- A photo ID of any kind (Driver’s license)
- A written list of your current medications, dosage, vitamins, supplements, etc